Sound of Freedom’s Missouri Concealed Carry Class will prepare you with a solid foundation of knowledge and skills to legally and successfully carry a firearm.
Safety is the priority
The class uses a combination of classroom instruction, hands-on learning, and live fire in our indoor shooting range to build basic firearm proficiency. The class will provide the necessary skills and knowledge to obtain your Missouri Concealed Carry permit pursuant to Missouri statute 571 and to confidently carry a firearm.
Missouri Qualification Requirements
- Shoot with a revolver or semi-automatic handgun of any caliber.
- Fire a minimum of 40 rounds – 20 of which must be qualifying rounds
- Score at least 70% hit rate at a B-27 or equivalent target at 21 feet
You will also learn
- Handgun safety – at the range, in the home, and while concealed carrying
- Basic principles of marksmanship
- Basic care and cleaning of firearms
- Safe storage of firearms
- Situational awareness
- Laws and regulations relating to the justifiable use of force
- Laws and regulations relating to the concealed carry of firearms in Missouri
- Requirements for obtaining a Missouri CCW
- Missouri CCW reciprocity (which states honor Missouri CCW’s)
Missouri Concealed carry
gun and ammo included
YOU WILL LEARN:
- Handgun safety while concealed carrying
- Safe storage of firearms
- Situational Awareness
- Requirements for a Missouri CCW
Saturday September 23 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday October 21 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
The range qualification portion of the class is sometimes intimidating to new shooters. Sound of Freedom’s Missouri Concealed Carry Class will provide the instruction and practice to comfortably pass the qualification.
You must be
- at least 19 years of age
- a Missouri resident
- a United States citizen
How Sound of Freedom helps
- We provide a pistol chambered in .22 LR and the necessary ammunition for the class. A .22 LR has very, very little recoil and noise. You will be shown step-by-step how to safely operate and fire the pistol. You may also bring/use your own firearm.
- We provide the opportunity to practice with the help of an instructor. We will go into our indoor range twice – once to practice in the morning and once to qualify in the afternoon. Our instructors will work with you 1:1 to practice the skills that will enable you to successfully qualify.
- Relax, this is an easy qualification. A B-27 target is 24”x45”. You could pass the test with rocks. We are going to provide you a gun and teach you how to use it.
- You must bring in your pistol properly cased and cleared. The Instructor will verify its safe condition.
- THERE WILL BE NO LIVE AMMUNITION IN THE CLASSROOM. Leave it in your vehicle.
- Only factory loaded ammunition is allowed. NO RELOADS.
Certificate of Completion
Upon completion of the course, you will receive a Completion Certificate signed by the Instructor. This Certificate will need to be presented to the Sheriff of your respective County when you apply through their office for your permit. The fee varies by County but is approximately $100 for concealed carry application which also includes fingerprinting and an FBI background check.
Cancelation & Rescheduling
Payment is required upon registration to reserve your space in the class.
If you need to reschedule or cancel, it must be done 24-hours before the class, or you will forfeit the fee.
What we stand for
Who we are
Sound of Freedom is an indoor gun range, retail store and classroom.
4800 North Towne Centre Drive
Ozark, MO 65721
Sometimes the easiest way to get answers is to give us a call.